Computers Pt. 2
Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- What is the name of the inventor of the first computer?
- a) Charlie Babbage
- b) Charles Cabbage
- c) Charlie Cabbage
- d) Charles Babbage
- In the first electronic computers, what were the electronic switching devices called?
- a) Vacuum Cleaners b) Transistors
- c) Vacuum Tubes d) Microprocessors
- What is the language of 1s and 0s that computers are able to understand called?
- c) Binary Code d) None of the above
- Rearrange the letters of DOG in binary code to read GOD? Put the Binary Code below
→G) 01100111 O) 11110110 D) 00100110
- True or False: The first electronic computers cost millions of dollars.
- a) True b) False
- Which piece of hardware made personal computers possible, and more affordable in the 1960s?
- a) CPUs b) Transistors
- c) Vacuum Tubes d) Motherboards
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|mechanical||Mechanical means a device that is operated by a Machine||My chromebook is Mechinaical.|
|complex||consisting of many different and connected parts.||My new phone is a very nice complex phone.|
|coding||the process of assigning a code to something||I use scratch to code my own animation.|
- Explain: What do you think computers of the future will be like? What will be different from our computers now?
→Computers will be virtual and will float in the air so you won’t have to hold it.